The Driftwood Heights Annual Membership Meeting has been scheduled for May 13, 2023 at the Camano Island Library in the Meeting Room from 8 AM till Noon. Please mark your calendars for this.
Camano Island Library
848 Sunrise Blvd.
Camano Island, WA 98282
The January Water Quality Report has been added and can be found in the Water Quality Reports in the Menu Tab.
The December 2022 Water Quality Report is now available online at the website. www.driftwoodheights.net
The 2022 4th quarter income & expense report is now available and can be found at the link on the website at www.driftwoodheights.net.
The November 2022 Water Quality is now available (Here).
16 November 2022
The October 2022 Water Quality Report is now Available (HERE).
The minutes for the October 1, 2022 Membership Meeting (HERE) and the October 12, 2022 Board Meeting (HERE) are now available.
The 3RD Quarter 2022 Income & Expense Report is now online and can be found by clicking the Income & Expense Reports menu or here.
5 September 2022
Dear Community Members:
This letter is to inform you of a Special Members’ Meeting held by the Driftwood Heights Association, on October 1, 2022, at 10:00 am, in the conference room of the Camano Island Library. This meeting is scheduled at the request of membership following special membership meeting held on August 27,2022. The purpose of that meeting was to update the membership on the following:
- Property Liability insurance reinstated
- Bank accounts and signature cards updated, all funds verified and returned to original accounts.
- Postal Mailbox reinstated
- Vendors and contractors reassured, all paid up to date.
- Gathering records in preparation for audit of finances for last two years
- Review of beach conditions and projects
- Report on Attorney review of following:
- Membership” requirements. What documentation is required to prove “Property Ownership”.
- Clarification of “revokable and irrevocable trusts” regarding “Property Ownership”.
- Who can make, second, and vote on motions.
- Who can be a “Proxy”
- Need to fill vacant Board positions.
- Prepare candidate vetting form
- Solicit and vet candidates for vacant board positions
- Schedule election
- Report on Attorney review of “Shareholder/Membership” Certificates.
The new beach access gate lock combination Is in the letter that has been sent out. After opening it please rotate tumblers, if you leave them lined up to current combination, it will give the combination to anyone who looks at the lock. Please do not share this number. Beach access is for Driftwood Heights residents. Visitors can use the beach only when accompanied by a resident.
We are working to restore membership confidence in your association’s board, it is important for the membership to attend these open meetings so that you are informed and can provide your input to ensure the board is working for the community.
Wayne Kanaby, Executive Vice President